Monday, March 2, 2009

A Potluck Quickfire Challenge

Dear H, 

I'm going to yet another potluck dinner this weekend, and I'm running out of ideas of what to cook.  My cooking skills are up to par if I do say so myself, but I’m no Top Chef.  I'll be running home from work, so I need something quick, easy, and most importantly delicious.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

J

 

J, 

One recipe that immediately comes to mind is one dish in Real Simple magazine called "Last-Minute Lasagna."  I recently made it for the Super Bowl and it was a big hit.  It's also super easy to throw together, and even though it says "last-minute", its a great make-ahead dish also. Then you can just pop it in the oven when you get to the potluck.

Last-Minute Lasagna, Real Simple Magazine 

The recipe is great because it uses ravioli, not lasagna noodles, so you already have your cheese and pasta covered in one package!

One suggestion though:  the recipe doesn’t seem to call for enough sauce or liquid.  When I made it, I had to scramble to find some extra sauce to throw in.  Also, just adding sauce makes the dish a bit heavy; my suggestion would be to add a can of crushed tomatoes to add some liquid while lightening it up.  

(This is one of their most popular recipes, but Real Simple has some other great dishes on their site that usually only require a few ingredients and are really easy to throw together, if you want to find an alternative to this one.)

Let me know how it goes!

 

You won’t be packing your knives after this one,

H*

Readers, what was your most popular potluck dish? Leave a comment.

*Ask A Question Now*
Email ask.h.blog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment